Monday, November 6, 2017

Don't Forget To Take Care Of Yourself During National Diabetes Awareness Month

I took a few days off before jumping into Diabetes Awareness Month on the blog. 
I celebrated my 40th Diaversary on Halloween (CRAZY,) had a celebratory dinner and drinks with friends on November 1, which was a fantastic way to kick of National Diabetes Awareness Month. 

Cut to Thursday me, the opposite of "chilled," and with the chills, the beginnings of a sore throat, and a low grade fever. Whatever crud I'd been running from (IGNORING,) had almost caught up with me. Almost because I was going to nip whatever in the bud before it had me down for the count! 

I went to my Nurse Practitioner, she prescribed an RX, and I spent the next few days chilling, but thankfully, leaving the chills behind.  
Woke up with a normal temp on Saturday, on Sunday I was feeling more groovy than not.
I’m still running an increased temp basal rate, (but it’s lower than it was over the weekend,) I'm starving, and I’m plowing through. 

National Diabetes Awareness Month is now officially in full swing and all of us are working hard advocating wherever and whenever we can. 

This post is your official reminder (and mine,) that we have to take care of ourselves - and not just the diabetes part, in order to advocate and take care of others this November - AND the other 11 months of the year.   
Keep advocating , listen to what your body is saying, be kind to yourself, and continue with the kicking ass. 

No comments: